Tuesday, April 23, 2013

UFO Challenge

In March at my ANG meeting we started a challenge. It's a UFO challenge. We could pick up to five projects and if we finish one, we can add more. But I think when you see what I've chosen, you'll agree that it is all good at this point and there's no need to add more.

The idea is that we've shared our choices with the guild and we'll be sharing our finishes. If we don't finish, we pay $5 per project to our treasury. 

I think the idea is that money will keep up motivated. 

Well I jumped right in. The projects had to have been started before Jan 1, 2013. 

First:

My Fenway canvas. I started this in 2012 during spring training. This is where I am right now.  
Second: 

My "Pacific Coast Collage" by Laura J. Perin. I stopped when I didn't like how my scallop shells were turning out. I need to frog them and start again. After that's done, it's a cruise to the finish line on this one. Just a bit of border and some beading.
 
Third:

Much bigger challenge. This is the Leaf Collage by Terry Dryden. I am in love with this. Hate that I put it down. I need to clean up my spaghetti threads and get to moving on this one!
 
Fourth:

This is what happens when you insist on doing your own colors. Not enough differentiation in reds. Am seriously considering ripping out all the red, but leaving the gray outline. Need to do some contemplation on this one. This is Ruth Dilts' "Mystic."
 
Fifth:

Gay Ann Rogers' "Echoes of Elizabeth." This was a Shining Needle Society class. Again - I love this project. Need to work on it. 
 
I guess the object of challenge resonates with me. Need to not pick up my phone and play games at night. Need to stitch instead. 

 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Good luck with them all. You're making progress and that's good.

llknbillburg said...

WOW! Very ambitious! We are doing something similar in our EGA chapter but without the money. I wonder if it might work as a motivator to have to pay??!! Laura