Bloggers - what's the verdict on replacing Google Reader? Is it bloglovin'? or do you recommend something else? I'm pretty sure it's time for me to make a decision, but I've had no time to devote to this issue...
Speaking of no time, my apologies. I'm not getting here very often which if you've followed me for any amount of time, you know I've been a fairly consistent bloggers except for vacations. I am endeavoring to get back to a regular schedule. (Spellcheck not working this morning. How many errors will I have before I finish here?)
Fenway Park canvas. Haven't gone back to the bricks. I really need to concentrate to get the compensation correct around the doors and ornamentation. What I have done is the first of the flags. And then I thought I had an inspired choice for the grass, but ugh. Kennan stitch is lovely and I will certainly be using it somewhere and soon. But my thread does not match my canvas close enough and that tiny bit of canvas peeking through made it all look wonky. Hubby said it looked like weeds, not grass. LOL
Byzantine to the rescue. I was looking for stitches on my phone app of Suzy's Portable Stitches which has tips and funny little bits of wisdom at the bottom of each page when one of them struck me. It was something about wasteful of time and energy it can be to search for the perfect stitch when you already have a perfectly good stitch to use. And thus I settled on Byzantine which covers all the canvas and looks good.
It was also time to add just a tiny bit of sparkle. It's Silk Lame Braid on the flagpole in and in the lettering of the flag. I decided the flag background will remain silk, and not be sparkly.
This canvas is a challenge piece for my guild so it needs to be done by March 2014. But in a fit, I am stating that it will be finished by the time the World Series ends in the fall. I am making small progress on a couple other challenge pieces, but nothing worth highlighting yet.
And the Loudoun Sampler Guild mystery sampler continues. Here's my completed March band. Love how the designer of this part modified the queen stitch to create dogwood petals. I've got some interesting color choices going on as I don't have a real yellow or a pink or a purple in my color palette and decided not to add any at this point in time. My redbud is red which is so wrong. LOL
What I did have to add to my threads, were two solidly colored silks one in green and one in red to use for the blackwork in the parts that come next. My overdyed threads are just a touch too variable for my liking. If you're interested in seeing more of what we are doing, go to the Loudoun Sampler Guild blog and have a peek. Photos from the May meeting aren't there as I am typing this, but I expect that they will be soon.