Last month my ANG chapter had a program called Unfinished October - bring a past chapter project to work on. Lots of memories in a program like this as we all explained what we brought, and in some cases why it became a UFO.
I picked this poinsettia project that is from the 2009 Chapter Project book. Joni Stephenson is the designer. We began by painting our congress cloth. Then traced outlines of the petals on tissue paper. Then we basted the paper to the cloth and now we basted outlines of the petals.
That's where I stopped. With less than half of my petals basted.
In October I finished the basting, ripped off the paper and began the real fun of stitching these laid filling patterns.
I had changed the thread colors years ago and decided to keep the blue. This is a mix of Kreinik and Anchor floss and a little bit of pearl cotton.
Worked up quickly once I got it into gear. Added a few gold beads and done. Now it's off to be made into an ornament.
Nice to clear an older project off the bars.