Friday, August 18, 2017

Thursday-Friday Round Up

I just finished a two day class with Laura Smith called Blue Ridge Harmony. This is a mixed media class involving lutradour, paint, heat tools, respirators, fabric, threads for both machine and hand stitching.

Let's just say way off the grid and out of my comfort zone.

But I thoroughly enjoyed learning new things. And thanks to Merchandise Night, I know own two books on machine embroidery.

Plus I scored some of my favorite older magazines.

And I made a beeline for Allison Cole like many people did. Bought three kits and two books. And will remember this seminar for the fabulous visit we had with Allison while waiting on line for lunch on Thursday. I didn't realize whose hair I was complimenting, then she turned around and we noticed her beautiful pin that she made before we ever saw her name tag. What a lovely person she is.

So one Moxie from a friend to get me through the day and I'm ready to face tomorrow.

No comments: