Tuesday, January 02, 2018

New Year, New(ish) Project

While casting around for which project to pick up first in the New Year, I remembered that the Loudoun Sampler Guild was taking on Queenstown's Phebe Nichols as a stitch along. 

I had barely started it. And worse, I already had a mistake. Started stitching and whoops, another mistake. Three threads in and I have made two big errors. Have I totally forgotten how to count? I sure hope not. 

My fabric is a Lakeside Linen, but which one I didn't right down. I used a conversion chart and am stitching with Cosmo floss. 

Cosmo is a six-stranded cotton from Japan made from long-staple Egyptian cotton. It feels yummy. 
 

3 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

Those colors look great! And if you've forgotten how to count, there's not much hope for me. I do have a few counted thread pieces I've kept.

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry you are having counting issues with this piece! Before Christmas, the piece I worked on probably could have been stitched twice with all the ripping out I had to do. It almost landed in the trashcan. Wishing you a fabulous 2018!

Anna van Schurman said...

Pretty colors. I hope your counting skills return! ;)