Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Woodlawn Entries 2019

Looking across the dining room we have my version of Sue Kerndt's Holiday Patches.

We stitched this in my ANG guild and many of us changed our design. In my case, I didn't see a need for a larger framed Christmas piece and when I started considering what to do, map fabric inspired me. Hubby is a map guy, so I stitched this for him.
I have found much more map fabric since I stitched this. But if you look closely, you can see I got Honolulu in there which is where he was born. And Scotland for his fondness of whisky.

Then I moved a motif and made it larger to be a compass rose, designed a surveyor's transit, and named the piece Love is a Journey.

No ribbon and I didn't expect one as I knew the quality of my stitching on this.

We also had a beautifully stitched gray, black, and yellow version and an original Holiday design in the show. It's disappointing that the house does not hang these together as we stitchers love to compare and contrast.
I also entered my Bowie piece "Serious Moonlight"

I've documented this before here and won't go into the details. Did get a 2nd place ribbon and will be sending this to my daughter who is a Bowie fanatic.


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I like your "map" piece! Congratulations on the 2nd place ribbon for Bowie!

deb said...

Congratulations on a second place ribbon at Woodlawn! Having entered pieces a number of times over the years (and seeing all the incredible work displayed at the show), I know how stiff the competition is!

Donna said...

Deb, the secret is to stitch an original piece...