Tuesday, May 03, 2005

NYC stash enhancement

Anyone who goes into the City needs to check out Strand Used Books - Strand Bookstore: 18 miles of Used Books, New Books, Rare Books and Out of Print Books

On my second trip there I scored the following:

2 Italian books - one is totally in Italian, but I got it for the pics
The other one combines a story with photos of some amazing stitching - Reggio Ricama Tells the Ars Canusina
Embroidery in Minature by Jean Brown
Yugoslavia/Croatian Folk Embroidery published in 1975
And my find for the day:
a slipcovered editon of American Needlework by Georgiana Brown Harbeson signed by the author and published in 1938

And what a glorious lunch we had at the Blue Water Grill in Union Square.

And such tittilating conversation! What a wonderful day...
Wish I could do that every week!

No comments: