Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bad

I have been deficient on the taking of photos. Again.

Two weeks ago I spent a huge part of my day refinishing a piece to enter in the Woodlawn Needlework Show. It was my guild challenge piece from 2012 and because I am a procrastinator, I didn't do proper finishing in 2012.

Basically I had pinned it to foam core and pinned ribbon around the edge. Trust me, that was a lot of pins to remove. My ultimate goal was a flat fold stand up. I located my finishing supplies and my instructions and then was nearly stymied by not having any orange fabric in my fabric stash.

Then I remembered my supplies for this year's challenge, which is the color orange. I had the perfect piece. But alas I am bad at following directions and by the time my husband got home, I had made an irreversible error. My only hope now was a patch job. Which I managed to do. By the time I finished I was pretty darn pleases with my work. But it would have been way easier to not make a mistake to begin with.

All this effort and I forgot to take a picture. Sigh.

I also finished a needlepoint piece that's gone off for finishing into a pillow. No photo there either.

Meanwhile I'm plugging away at two UFOs. Trying to finish 3 out of 5 in a UFO challenge.

Anyone see a challenge theme going on here in my needlework life? Apparently that's what I need to get motivated :-D

No comments: