Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Mini Sock Redux

This little canvas has been a series of problems to figure out. I solved the building  then turned to Diamond Head. 

This is basketweave with DMC floss and an occasional stitch with a #8 Kreinik braid for a bit of shine. Turns out that I can stitch this kind of random. (Other kinds of random are uber difficult for me.)

Next I tried to solve my clouds  So far I've ripped out a straight milanese, little wavy, and plain basketweave.

So let's leave the clouds on go to the thing that has bothered me from the start - those palm leaves. Color is not right as painted as it's too blue. But I don't want to stray too far from what is painted.

Nailed it first try. Reverse chain stitch with Petite Frosty Rays. Yay! 

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Applause! Love the palm fronds!

lewmew said...

Love this!