Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Spring Cleaning

It is that time of year. Curtains come down and get washed. Removing stuff and cleaning under the beds. This house is not a perfect fit for me, so I am constantly pulling stuff out of cupboards and drawers and rearranging things. Yesterday I moved the cookbook bookcase in the kitchen to search for an arrant recipe that was jotted down on a slip of paper, and realized a few things had managed to find their way to underneath the bookcase and that it was rather cobwebby under there. Blech. Never did find that piece of paper so I had to go online to find the original source. Yes. I am only a half-way born organized person. I have the intentions and the motivation to start. But I don't always use my systems and entropy takes over.

It was lovely to sit yesteday and flip back and forth between the Boston Marathon and the Red Sox game. The coverage of the race on ESPN2 was no way near as good as the local coverage on the Boston station. But it was great watching those two women run side by side for so many miles. And the game. I'm not going to gloat about baseball as it's a long season. I would be gloating if the Bruins had beaten the Habs, but I unfortunately don't get that privilege this year.
In between the sports I did get quite a bit of cleaning done.

Oh yeah. And I shampooed the 15 lb cat too. He wasn't totally pleased with me, but no one was injured and he's so soft and silky right now. Seems he's a little too large to reach his back just above his tail, so he's going to get this treatment on occasion. He spent the rest of day miraculously not sleeping, but at the back door watching the wind whip the dry leaves through our yard. He was still sitting there when I went to bed at 10:00 p.m.

No comments: