Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Blast from the Past

I believe I began this piece back in early 2008. It's from the Fall 2007 issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly. Designed bt Martina Dey in response to the 2004 tsunami that happened in southeast Asia.

I was looking for a Quaker sampler when this was published. And I remember agonizing over threads at the Scarlet Thread every Thursday. 

It was designed for Hand-Dyed silks, but I chose Crescent Colors overdyed cottons.

I worked on steadily in the beginning. And sporadically over the years. But I hit a motif that I just couldn't find a rhythm for and eventually I tucked it away in a corner. 

I'm not quite halfway finished. And if I can just put a couple of threads in every week, maybe some day this will be done. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What you have stitched is gorgeous!