Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Now on the Needlework Front

I am currently working two projects in rotation. One is a Group Correspondence Course from the EGA. It's a wool on wool tea cosy designed by Dianne of the Heritage Shoppe (www.heritageshoppe.com). I have never stitched on wool before and it is a totally different tactile experience from my usual linens. I had forgotten how much I enjoy surface embroidery. It has been literally 23 years since my last major embroidery project - a Jacobean crewelwork wedding piece for my brother-in-law and his wife. I was toying with the idea of adding some embroidery to my latest denim jacket before starting this GCC and now I'm making definite plans. My DD was recently given my sister's vintage denim jacket that has her original embroidery on it from the 1970s. This would be where that idea came from - but instead of flowers I was thinking of something related to where we live now or something reflective of DH's military career. Guess I should start doodling.

Second project is nothing big - it's the Art Deco inspired black cat from the French advertising poster. A lot of black and some red. Only three colors involved in this project, which always bores me, but I've been trying to work a few rows of black everyday.

No comments: