Thursday, June 22, 2006

big things

Now the new big black fridge has a name - the Hulk. The other fridge was white, so I am still surprised every time I walk into the kitchen or even near the door. At least now all the kitchen appliances match. I'm considering posing for a photo with the Hulk a la Carol Merril of Let's Make a Deal fame. And if I am this happy with a new fridge, I'll be ecstatic when we buy a new stove.

And our second big thing arrived yesterday - the Hulk's younger brother, Aquaman, the new huge hot water heater. Of course, I got soaked for some extra bucks on the installation because I needed a drip pan and new shut off valve. I sort of saw that coming. And as the original installation price was less than I thought it would be, I'm not that upset.

While they were installing the water heater, I took the time to remove things from the floor of the office - now I can vacuum. And then I had children move a china cabinet downstairs. It really does not go with our furniture upstairs. This necessitates moving all kinds of things around. And we definitely need bigger bookshelves in the office. I may still be able to remove the small desk from my bedroom, just not as soon as I was planning.

Did I mention how nice it is to be able to walk to the pool? Yeah for summer!

No comments: