Friday, June 16, 2006

Stitching Blogger's question 6/16

How many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them?

A lot. I'm not going to walk up 2 flights of stairs to count them either. But they are moving downstairs soon and then I will be able to catalog them properly. I've got books on samplers (yeah for Betty Ring!), blackwork, stumpwork, stitch dictionaries, needlepoint, embroidery, Chinese knotting, books in Italian, all kinds of lovely books.

I scour used books stores for books that are new to me.
I have purchased on ebay.
I always check out the crafts section of any bookstore.

Now. Do I use them?
I guess I'd say I consult them. I use them for inspiration and for reference.


My first "book" was the softcover flip book "Linen Stitches," purchased in 1988. My last book purchased was a reprint of Mary Thomas' book on embroidery stitches bought on June 1st.

No comments: