Sunday, August 29, 2004

Depressing

I just followed a link to forbes.com that was supposed to be a list of affordable places to live.

If affordable includes median house prices over $300,000, I would like to know how we are ever going to be able to buy a house once hubby retires from the Army.

On a side note, their "front porch" communities included Punta Gorda, FL. I guess once people post stuff on the 'net, they never think that maybe they should update things after major natural disasters...

But anyway, now I'm majorly depressed. I know where we'd like to live. And I know where we can't possibly afford to live. And those lists overlap by quite a bit.


2 comments:

Wanderingminstrel said...

Your local library probably has a book called Places Rated Almanac. Useful reference as to all aspects of a community. Unfortunately buying a home is expensive everywhere these days. You might find Southern states a bit less expensive. Arizona, Nevada and Georgia used to be reasonable. Best bet is to try local realtors in area you might consider. Good luck.

jo said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be looking for this.