Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cinderelly

Guess what comes out on DVD today? My darling daughter's favorite movie (when she was 3!)
We watched this videotape so often we actually wore it out. Will purchase, watch, and send to her at college. Bibbity bobbity boo!

Next subject:

Gotta frog about a hundred stitches on my Goode Huswife "Full Moon Sampler." Made the mistake this summer and only got around to finding it now. Could have been much worse if I had continued farther along the border.

Lastly:

We went into D.C. on Sunday evening to visit the WWII Memorial. Firstly we saw a giant a rat scuttling along the steps of the EPA. I guess everyone's protected there. (insert joke here about rats and D.C....) Saw a smaller version on the sidewalk when we walked back to the car. Ugh.

As to the Memorial. Disappointing design. Terrible placement. And so impersonal. Somehow to me it seemed like on big glorious war thing. No real reminders of the pain and suffering of war. There is none of the humanity and sacrifice delineated by the Vietnam and Korean War Memorials. Place just made me want to rant about men and the stupidity of testosterone.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think we did the wrong thing in fighting WWII. It's the fact that it's men who start these problems. Ah the idiocy and suffering.

No comments: