Friday, March 03, 2006

stitching blogger's question 3/3

What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them? What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?

The only mag I still subscribe to is Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly. I miss Fine Lines. I read Piecework and leaf through Just Cross Stitch at the bookstore and then usually choose not to purchase them.

The other two mags that I will always buy if I can find them are the Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading from Australia - Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading and Stitch from Great Britian - Welcome to STITCH with the Embroiderers' Guild.

I started buying the beading mag when I took a peyote beading class. So many beautiful designs. So little time.

And Stitch - wow. Why can't the Americans have a guild magazine like this?

No comments: