Thursday, June 07, 2007

SBQ of the week

What has been your most challenging project and why?

I'm not sure. Is it the Brazilian piece I gave up on 'cause I don't like working with rayon?

Is it my Newburyport Sampler simply for the size and scope and amount of time it took to stitch?

Is it my Heart's Content sampler - over one silk on 40ct silk gauze? Got to admit it was a bitch to frog on that one.

None of these seem like the right answer.

Maybe it's the ringbearer's pillow I stitched for my wedding when I was 24. I should dig this out and take a picture of it. It's needlepoint, white with a little blue and green. Had complicated stitches. But what flumoxed me the most (working on a tight deadline) was the actual finishing of it into a pillow. I didn't have enough money to get a professional to do it if I could have found one.

No. I guess my most challenging project is one I haven't done yet. Maybe it will be Catherine Agnes? or maybe someday I'll do some Japanese goldwork? who knows!

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I forgot about the project with rayon when I answered this question. That was a bitch, and I was only doing cross stitches!