Stitching bloggers Best of 2008
1. Did you discover any new (or new-to-you) designers in 2008? And your favorite was?
I discovered charted canvaswork in a big way. Current favorite, Laura J. Perin
2. Same question - New Fabrics?
No new fabrics, but I've developed a fondness for the Crossed Wing fabrics this year.
3. Same question - New fibres?
Belle Soie, the Crescent Colours silks. And thanks to the increase in charted work, I have great familiarity now with lots of Rainbow Gallery metallics.
4. Same question - New finishing techniques?
Backstitching the design and then whip stitching the right sides together.
5. Did you have a favorite "theme" in 2008?
Theme. Hmmm. I bought a lot of mermaid patterns...
6. Did you try any new gadgets?
No, I don't think so. But this question is nagging at me, like there's something I'm not remembering. If I do, I'll edit this post.
7. Did you discover any new (or new-to-you) LNS in 2008? And your favorite was?
The Waste Knot in Arlington, VA. Tons of lovely handpainted canvases and lots of fibers.
8. Same question: new or new-to-you online stores?
9. Same question: new or new-to-you bloggers?
Too many to remember. I love reading everyone.
a) stitching bloggers
b) bloggers in general
10. Same question: communities/forums
The Shining Needle Society
11. Whose blog in 2008 was the Most inspirational for keeping you stitching?
Sharonb - The Pin Tangle
12. Whose blog was funniest in 2008?
Stitch Bitch - Anna, you're going to runaway with this one.
13. Which blog's posts did you "star" the most in your reader in 2008?
I don't star. Should I?