Saturday, September 24, 2011

Another Shopping Opportunity from Florida

When I set up my final class schedule I decided to go for the full on tire yourself out experience. I had classes Sunday-Friday. Saturday was my only "free" day. So after volunteering for bag check and quick trip myself through the bookstore, boutique, and exhibit I thought I'd go check out the local Needlepoint store that was about six miles from the hotel. (Don't worry. I had a car.) I had been given a head's up by a friend. But she didn't rave about it enough.

First, a disclaimer. They close at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. I arrived about 2:30.

Missing the store was kind of bothering me. So I ran out at lunchtime on Wednesday and was not disappointed for my effort. This place rates a huge WOW! For a fiber junkie this place is truly paradise. A room for wool and wool blends. A room for silks. Many, many rooms. And a very happy raucous stitching group occupying the large room. Place was just a joy.

This is a needlepoint pincushion that gets fitted into the shell. Way cute and it just had to come home with me. That said. I had to wonder why a local store that took out a full page in the seminar booklet didn't show up for Merchandise Mania or run a shuttle from the hotel. I guess they're doing well enough. But it seemed like a squandered opportunity to me.

Photo taken from just outside the bar overlooking the pools. Proof that sunshine exists. Which is good because I'm beginning to wonder back here in Virginia.

2 comments:

VegasJilly said...

sounds like a great trip!! I love the pincushion!!

Bonnie said...

I want the pincushion!!!!!