Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Shorn, Yet Determined

Yesterday was a mixed bag. Some things were very good and some were very bad.

On the bad side of the scale, I went to get a haircut and I now feel like a shorn sheep. 

I'm sorry, but if a woman walks into a hair salon without bangs she shouldn't leave with bangs unless she's been asked. 

My haircut closely resembles this without the blond. Cute on Goldie. But so not me. 

This is going to be a long growing out process. And what does it take to find a stylist who listens? (Oh yeah. I know. $$$$) 





 On the good side of the scale, we have Stars progress.

I finished Humphrey Bogart yesterday and in person, this one is handsome. In the photo it looks like it has blanks spots which I can assure you it does not. 





This means I have two square to go. A tiny bit of pink on the border. The outer two corners. And I've got a three small areas to pull and restitch. With determination I should have this done in two weeks. BIGBRIGHTLIGHT at the end of the tunnel. After all, I started this two years ago!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Im sorry to hear you had a terrible hair experince. I loathe getting my hair cur even getting a trim. It is hard to find stylist. I once went a whole year without a cut LOL Hope the growing out process goes quick!

Take Care

Teresa S. said...

Pink and blue are my favorite colors. So I am loving your Stars!

Nicola said...

Your stars are beautiful, looking forward to seeing a photo of the whole piece.

It's hard finding a good hairdresser.

Kielrain said...

Sorry to hear of the haircut. I have given up trying to get a decent one, ever.

Good luck on getting to the end of Stars. It is a great piece, can't wait to see the finish.

LIZ said...

Only 2 more squares to go! I know how that feels as I just finished my Stars a few weeks ago!