Thursday, September 06, 2012

An Acquisition

I have something to share with you. It's not stash enhancement. But rather an acquisition to my stitching world.

 I bought this from my friend, Maggie, of Sylvan Treasures back in July.


 Whoops. You can't see, but I've got some orts inside. 

This is my second piece I've acquired. And it apparently spoke to me because it was part of an elm tree. (I lived on an Elm Street for 24 years.)

Maggie and her husband, Mike, make these beautiful one of a kind pieces to enhance our stitching pleasure and highlight our needlework and you can see more of what they do here.

It has pretty much been my constant stitching companion since the end of July. To the point where if I arrive at a destination for communal stitching and find I've left it behind, I am bereft. 

edit:  Thanks to Dawn for pointing out the lack of scale in this photo of my new pincushion. It's maybe 2 1/2" high? Not large at all. 

In other stitching news, I've been working on a present that I cannot show. Also still plugging away at my Casket Etui and Kimono pieces. I swear that sometimes that Kimono is like a horse. I'll be stitching along pleasantly making headway and suddenly it bucks me off. Happened on Monday afternoon. Suddenly I realized my compensation was off. Ripped the offending part. Restitched. And realized I stitched it wrong in another way. I got it fixed, but it took all the pleasure out of my little jaunt. And I've banished it to the barn for a few days. Today I may take it out for a little exercise. Quick before we both get used to this inactivity. 

And here's my latest completion. By the end of the weekend you'll see what the intentions are for this. All I can say is when I dove into my stash for threads and fabric, I must have had Halloween on my mind. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I *love* your elm jar. It's beautiful. Your cross stitch is also lovely - I like the colors!

Kathleen said...

Lovely new ort jar & pin cushion.

Great colors you've chosen for the stitch project but...
Add that missing single stitch- bottom left in the photo- you'll catch it I'm sure :)

Donna said...

Thanks, Kathleen, for pointing that out to me. Nothing like late night stitching. Almost guarantees my doing something like this. Fortunately it's easy to add a stitch!