Thursday, November 13, 2003

Two, Two! Two Posts in One Day!

Had a fun time at EGA meeting last night. It seems lots of us have tried stitching our scissor cases in different colors and stitches. Such talent. We also had our annual auction. I won a cross-stitched card case. Absolutely beautiful and a bargain at only $25! My only goof was forgetting to take pictures of the two projects I donated - an Old Colonial Designs, and Twisted Threads "Home of the Free."

It seems everyone was enamored of my crackle painted frame that framed my Twisted Threads piece. I found a nice wide square unpainted frame with a 3" x 3" opening at large unnamed craft store. Underpainted it with a grayish ivory, overpainted it with a blue (was trying to match the colors of the gingham linen), then crackled it. $1.99 for the frame, pennies for the paint. What a deal.

A friend and I just mutually agreed to cancel an appointment for this morning. Neither one of us feels much like going out in 50 m.p.h. winds. So far I've had two grill covers and picnic table land in my yard. Who knows what else I'll see? This means found time for stitching today. I've been working on my ornament from With my Needle. Maybe it's time for another round with Agnes Scott.



No comments: