Friday, November 14, 2003

What We Do While We Stitch

I'm huge fan of having the television on while stitching. Yesterday while working on my With My Needle ornament, I watched "The Shipping News." They did a credible job with this movie, but no way near as powerful as the book by E. Annie Proulx. Kevin Spacey was fine, but Dame Judi Dench is amazing. I can see why it wasn't a huge commercial success, but I don't feel like I wasted my time.

I didn't sleep at all last night. The wind was making the house creak like an old wooden ship at sleep. I haven't gone out to do a visual inspection to see if all our siding and shingles are still attached. We were fortunate that we never lost power. But now my brain is a bit addled and don't think I'll be great at concentrating today. No counting threads for me, only crocheting.

No comments: