Friday, April 21, 2006

sbqotw 4/21

Do you do obligation or deadline-based stitching? Why or why not? If you do, do you tend to get in over your head and why?

Oh. Once upon a time the majority of my stitching was obligation/deadline. Then I got stuck doing a piece that I really didn't like. Large, pastels on 14 ct aida. Uck. That sucked so much joy out my stitching that I actually stopped. I restarted about 18 months later with a move that brought me within 1/2 hour drive of the Fuzzy Penguin in Sacramento. Joy rediscovered. That and the internet fueled the addiction again.

But this time I made myself a promise. I was not going to stitch anything I didn't love. No more presents for people. I was stitching for me alone. Joy rediscovered x 10!

Since then I have stitched another pastel project - again the colors didn't thrill me, but the finished work is my glorious Newburyport Sampler so I am happy. And I had a brief stint as a model stitcher. NOT for me as I no longer had time to stitch for myself. But it was an interesting experience.

No comments: