Tuesday, January 09, 2007

a little s.e.x.

Was dropping 19 year old DD off at a friend's yesterday and we had a little time to kill first. I talked her into a quick side trip to In Stitches in Alexandria. Where I promptly set her off on maybe a lifetime of stitching. She has resisted all attempts in the past. But a friend of hers knits and she learned from her grandmother, and now my daughter thinks it's cool to learn something like this. Her intention was to learn to crochet from me. But the siren song of all those cross stitch patterns was strong.

After much deliberating - many things too hard, simpe things too simple - she settled on M Designs "Dream." We decided to change the colors and picked out a skein of Silk N Colours that is mostly green with a tiny shot of blue. Found the appropriate beads and will pick fabric from my stash today when she comes home. And this is how it starts...

I only purchased one thing for me - it was on sale - and if you haven't looked at this lady's stuff, you should. I got the Lemon Meringue sampler and have printed off a copy a this month's freebie about chocolate covered cherries. So check out Casey Buonaugurio at www.caseybuonaugurio.com.

No comments: