Thursday, December 06, 2007

Da Christmasy Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Real trees got too expensive. Our first fake lasted 13 or 14 years.

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometimes the weekend of Thanksgiving. Or the next weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? Not till after DH's birthday on Jan 2nd.

5. Do you like egg nog? Love it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing stands out for me, but I know it was always good.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A German wooden one, a ceramic one, and the Playmobile one. How's that for a Unitarian?

8. Hardest person to buy for? Varies from year to year.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Childrens.

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Handmade in the mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't spend time remembering things like this.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Certainly.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Aunt Martha's Finnish Bread - I make it myself.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both. This year at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. And it's Donder, people.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Silver star.

21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. Though I will relent for one present on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Having to go to the post office. Which means having to wrap and package. Which usually means doing it all myself. Argh.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year, it's my Quaker heart that I stitched. I've got a growing collection of perforated paper santas, too.

24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Didn't we already answer this on question 15?

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I like Anna's answer of World Peace.

No comments: