Monday, December 03, 2007

Not Going to Let Another Day Go By

I'm not going to let another day go by without stitching.

We moved the furniture so my chair is back where it was. Now I need to bring my lamp back upstairs. The tree is up - pre-lit - and it has new garland. And exactly one ornament as of right now - my Quaker heart that I did last spring.

I did find the best invention at Target, though I suppose these are available everywhere - a package of two controllers to plug into different outdoor sockets and plug your lights into with a remote control. No more having to go outside to plug in or unplug. Yippee! One for the front of the house and one for the back. Works for me.

Yesterday DH accomplished some things that needed doing. Hung a shelf in the office after I went and bought a new stud finder. And hung a curtain rod in the bar so now we have nice red satiny drapes giving the place a certain brothel look, but whatever. I don't mind at all. Time for a chorus of Voulez-vous coucher avec moi? The drapes match the red paint that on two of the walls. Should help in keeping the room a bit warmer. Now I need to seriously go through the extra large bookcase that is covered in my needlework books and tons of cooking magazines. LOL There's a project.

Even better. Finally convinced that he is no longer moving every two years, DH willing parted with boxes. Lots of boxes. Two monitor boxes. Several DVD player boxes. A receiver box. A satellite box. Various other electronic things boxes. Took us half an hour just break them all down. This morning the styrofoam inserts hit the trash and on Thursday the cardboard will make the recycling. I had to move all these boxes to get at the containers of Christmas decorations. Now I've got a pile of things again for freecyling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll sing along with you! When we were staging a house to sell we decided on this dark red and gold bedding with a TON of pillows. It looked great there in the darkish bedroom with the red jacquard pineapple print curtains that I made. Now the house is sold and we have all this bordello bedding! The only place to put it is the guest bedroom. I hope our guests don't expect us to provide more than the bedding!

One project that my husband has demanded I finish this week is getting the cooking magazines off the buffet. Three years (?) of Sauveur, Cooks Illustrated, Bon Appetit and Rosegarten Report. I did personally empty six boxes this week that have been in the back hall for years. Recycle is tomorrow, so out they go! Feels good, doesn't it?

Donna said...

So I'm not the only one with a bordello in my house...nor am I the only one addicted to cooking mags.

I try to only purchase Cooking Light, but Everyday with RR keeps sneaking in there along with occasional issues of Cooks Illustrated and Cooks Country. It seems like it was just yesterday that I took care of all of these, but I'm willing to bet it was three years ago. Sigh.