Thursday, February 17, 2011

Answering Comments

I'm off to Thursday morning stitching group for the first time in weeks! 

But first, let's respond to some recent comments.

Mary Eman asked me where we stationed in Germany. Let's say, Mary, that you were in a much nicer part of Germany. We were in the heart of Hesse, outside of Frankfurt in Hanau. Home of the Brothers Grimm. I loved every moment of our three years in Germany and sometimes I can't believe it's been 22 years since we left!

Lewmew wants me to find her a discounted Needlework System 4 stand! Oh how I wish I could. It was such a coincidence that I got this one. Trust me, when I say I know exactly how lucky I got. 

Granny Sue asked me about samplers and if I stitch one every year. I am a sampler lover. I've got a few hanging on the walls, both reproduction and modern. And many more in my finished stitching box. I might have about a dozen samplers as WIPs right now. And tons more that I would like to stitch. I'm trying to be more disciplined now about not just making random starts, but actually planning which samplers to add my WIPs. 

The Quaker samplers are fairly new to me. And I'm finding them quite irresistible.

Lee asked if I changed things up on Love and Live Happy. I used the colors we were given and didn't really change anything on that score. Pam has terrific color sense. If you ever get a chance to take a class with her, you'll be in heaven!

Our goal on this piece was the personalization - our names and anything else we included. If you notice, I've got some monograms on mine that stand for where I live. 

I did start another Pam piece yesterday. The Pennsylvania German sampler that I wrote about here:  September class.  I'm stitching mine on 36ct with one thread of Glorianna. I'm not in love with the alphabet and I'm looking for ways to make this work for me. Meanwhile I might just move along to the motifs and have some fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who cannot believe that it's been 18 years since we returned from Germany. We really enjoyed our 6+ years there.....I still remember some fantastic meals, in Germany and all over the rest of Europe!

Mary Eman