Friday, October 28, 2011

Trying to Find a Routine

I can see now that is it was my trip to Florida back in September that has totally upset my usual routines. 

I have not been posting with any regularity and I regret it. And am trying to find a routine that gets me back in the groove. 

I certainly have been stitching. I've got progress to show. And things a-plenty to post about as I continue to take classes and read and discover wonderful things. 

We'll consider today a new beginning and here we go!

On Wednesday at a regular EGA chapter meeting we had a little hardanger class. This is a Victoria Sampler freebie called the Gingerbread Cookie ornament from 2005 or 2006. It's based on the Gingerbread Garden design. 
Thea's freebies can be found here at the Victorian Sampler.

I investigated some of these freebies and see others that I need to do! Time to fire up the printer!

Here's my progress from our Wednesday evening class. I also won a free finishing kit to go with this so I've already got everything except the trim. 

And here's the progress on my Guildhouse Sampler. It continues to seduce me away from other things that I SHOULD be stitching on. 

I don't know what it is about Quaker samplers, but once you start one, they are very hard to put down. Better than eating chocolate!




This morning on facebook all I'm seeing is posts from friends and family in New Hampshire about snow. The weather here says even we may see a few spare flakes in the next 36 hours. And thus it starts. 

DH and I had a little adventure on Wednesday. I was supposed to taking him to the doctors and then driving him to work. We made it to the doctor's office. And then detoured to the radiologist. And then the orthopedist. Seems he'd been walking around with a broken ankle bone for ten days. Silly boy!


Between medical visits we swung by the Amphora diner for food as he hadn't eaten because of blood tests (the original reason for the doctor's visit.) And I saw some cool berries in the parking lot.




(Good start, she says, patting herself on the back.)

Will attempt to be back here tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you're just in time for NaBloPoMo.