Monday, December 19, 2011

Naughty or Nice?

He looks naughty, but he's really nice. 

Elvis loves Christmas. And birthdays. Anytime you want to toss paper around he's more than willing to join the fun. 

There's a gift or two or seven under our tree. I'm making progress. But somehow I'm still not having fun. 

I'm trying to learn to let go of the crushing expectations. I know the other people will adjust, but can I? 

Anyway. I'm not going to wrap any more today. Beef stew is cooking. I've got a cup of Polar Bear tea. Elvis is snoozing in his rocking chair. Time for me to find some equanimity courtesy of a needle and thread.

1 comment:

lewmew said...

we should talk about this - I am having the same problem - to the point where this year I am a total Grinch. I don't want to celebrate, I don't want anything, I don't want to give anyone anything - just leave me alone so I can't disappoint you!