Monday, April 09, 2012

A New Project

Trust me, I know what you're thinking. I need a new project like I need another hole in my head. I am well aware of the number of WIPs and UFOs I have. I don't need reminding. 

But I've had this canvas since autumn 2010 and now is the time to stitch it! In fact, I will start this canvas on April 12th. 

No. It's not a canvas of the Titantic. It's a canvas of Fenway Park. 

 I found this at The World in Stitches in Littleton, Massachusetts. There's no name on the canvas. The shop did have a lovely stand-up model of it. I've altered the canvas slightly since doing this scan by eliminating three windows. A bit of Liquitex red paint and now I can create the brick pattern that I want. It is a stylized portrayal of the park, I do realize that. I've toyed with the idea of changing those gray colored doorways. Which should be Green Monster green when closed. The top should still be green when open. There's absolutely no white around them really. But I'm leaning towards leaving them as they are. 

So Happy 100th Birthday to Fenway Park - one of my favorite places on this planet we call Earth. 

4 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Make it green!!

Unknown said...

Yes, make it green!

Goldylox99 said...

Go green! It's the hip/PC thing to do anyway... ;-)

Ruth said...

Start away -- no flack here. I feel all baseball stitching needs to be encouraged. :)