Thursday, April 12, 2012

The No Photo Posts

Again. My apologies for the lack of photos. But I'm currently lacking the ability to edit photos on my laptop. If it was just my computer, I'd fix that. But it isn't. So I don't.

But I wanted to give a quick shout out to Anna Goiser of Talliaferro who came and talked to the Washington DC Chapter of EGA yesterday. Anna's charming and funny and she led us through her process of how she creates her crewel pieces. From inspiration through many trips to the copy store to created design. 

 

You can see Anna's work here:  Talliaferro. 


She's amazingly talented. I look forward every year to seeing what new pieces she enters in the Woodlawn Needlework Show.



Oh look. I snuck a photo in here!


I've got tons to update on here, but little time to do it. In my sampler news, it took me way longer than it should have, but I've finally joined two pieces of linen together and proved that I can stitch over the join line. Pretty nifty! 


So watch this space. More soon.

No comments: