Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A Public Service Announcement for Needlework Blogs

I'm going to apologize in advance. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Especially the last person who did what I'm about to highlight. Because she's certainly not the first and I doubt if she'll be the last one to do this.

Here goes:

If you see a finish or a work in progress on a needlework blog and you're curious about whose design it is, instead of asking, why not scroll down a post or two or three? 

I'll say it again:

Scroll down and look for the answer to your question.

Because I can almost guarantee you the information you seek will be there. 

Now, I know not everyone who stops here to read, reads my blog all the time. I'm not that much of an egoist. I don't expect you to be keeping track of my various projects. In fact, I've got so many, I can barely keep up myself. 

I freely admit that I am terrible about adding labels to my posts which is something that I am working on getting better at. Because labels do help with questions of this sort. 

Why I am even going out on a limb about this is because I don't want to sound like a broken record constantly repeating what the project is. I bore myself when I do this.

Some people have asked me what the project is when the answer has been in the post that they were commenting on! And questions like that just break my heart. 

I know that I'm writing here 99% for myself. But that other 1% wants to feel like someone cares and that someone pays attention. 

Goldy, much love. Thanks for giving me a chance to highlight something that bugs me. I hope I haven't hurt your feelings. And the answer is:  Jane Nichols, from the July 2003 Needlepoint Now magazine. 

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I find it annoying too. I'm not writing to give my fingers exercise.

Shaunterria said...

Yeah, comments like that tell me that people are just cruising for pictures and not reading anything I actually write. In light of that, though, I have tried to be really diligent about labeling posts and pics so if someone has a question they can answer it themselves more easily. My hope is that this will encourage lurkers to explore on their own and *hopefully* want to come back.

--shaunterria
ca11i0pe.blogspot.com