Monday, January 28, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am hoping February comes with more moments that I can sit down and relax than January has had. But it's all been good. I will slowly catch up here on the state of my current projects. 

First up - sampler time. (If you now have Hammer Time running through your head, go on and blame me. Stop. Sampler Time.)


I really have not spent any time working on my Scarlet Letter Challenge. 
I've been carrying it everywhere with me and it sits forlornly in its bag. I promise to remedy this soon. 

  
I have spent some time on a new sampler which is the unnamed Loudoun Sampler Guild year long mystery sampler. We got this design 2 weeks ago at the January meeting. This bottom band is designed by Betsy Morgan. The next band is mine! I've been stitching on Betsy's to get some color on the linen so I could make decisions about mine. I now have less than two weeks to start to stitch mine and get a chart created.

This piece will be long and I didn't have a lot of choices on fabric. I'm using 30ct R & R Sheeps Straw. My friend, Melissa, and I were both working on this at the Ocean City retreat. Hers is on 36ct and it's wonderful that they look alike yet so different. 

The plan for this piece is to stitch a band a month from January to December of this year with various guild members supplying the designs. I have to say that in January when I volunteered to do February no one fought me for the opportunity. LOL! I wouldn't have volunteered if I didn't already have an idea in my head. And I did have some one hit me for volunteering - what was I thinking? After all my years of volunteering I still have not learned how to say no. *shaking my head*



 

3 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Love your progress...but I will have to get you back tomorrow night as I now have "Hammer Time" stuck in my head. What evil children's song can I come up with?:)

Teresa S. said...

I LOVE mystery samplers!
I'll be watching this one with interest :)

Nicola said...

What a wonderful idea for a mystery sampler, looking forward to seeing your design for February's band.