Saturday, November 11, 2006

SB Question of the Week: re: Floss

How many different brands of “complete” embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (i.e., spread sheet program, index cards, palm pilot, etc.)

Only complete set I own is DMC. And I'm sure some of it is 20 years old. Have I ever used that bright blue that 's in the 900s? Nope. Pretty, but way too bright and I've never had a pattern that called for it either. My DMC is all in Floss Away bags on rings in a big Rubbermaid tote.

My Anchor is in a Ziploc bag. My GAST (everytime I get close to having all these, they make more) is in its own plastic bin, same as Weeks. My silks are all in a big plastic bag. My metallics are all in a plastic bin. My flower thread is all in a plastic bin. My DMC #5, #8 all in their own bin, too.

How do I keep track of them? I don't. Why not? because a floss toss is a chance to fondle. Especially the silks. Of course if I get much more, I'll probably organize it all nicely. Someday. When I need to procrastinate on something else.

No comments: