Friday, November 03, 2006

stitching blogger's QOTW 11/2

SBQ: How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?

I started my blog in 2003 one year after moving away from the needlework shops of Washington Capitol Area. (Is that what the sign says as you leave Dulles Airport? I can never quite recall...)

In NY, I felt like I had left stitcher's paradise and arrived in a wasteland. Except for the friends I made in my local EGA chapter. All stores were at least one hour's drive away. There wasn't even a bookstore (though a Barnes and Noble did open in Newburgh right before we moved away.) Everyone shopped online. Or at CATS Hershey. Thus, needleworker not in paradise.

I did contemplate renaming when we moved back to the Washington Capitol Area last year. But 1) I'm too lazy and, 2) I kinda like the bitchy tone of this name.

No comments: