Sunday, June 21, 2009

Passing into History

I helped out for the final 2 1/2 hours at the Scarlet Thread yesterday. At least the last hours the shop was open to the public. We've got a couple of days of counting ahead of us...

I'm happy to have been able to be a part of it.

I don't get overly emotional at times like these because 20 years of moving around with the Army taught me that there is only one true good-bye. Everything else is simply a so long, I'll see you around the bend someday. A bientot, Scarlet Thread.

But I couldn't let the day pass without, um, you know, buying something. I purchased Marc, of Needlemania's Jardin d' Jour and several Soy Luster threads to work it in. And some 29ct Glenshee for good measure. I realized that though I had always admired Marc's patterns, I did not own one. And one more Halloween pattern from Val's Stitchin' Stuff - I'm Just a Little Batty. Got the bat buttons, fabric, and changed the threads slightly. Halloween projects always excite me, even if I don't finish stitching them until April.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. Where ever you are.

No comments: