Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stitching Injury

I'm not entirely positive, but I think I managed to injure myself yesterday while stitching at the table. I was working on a canvas piece for many hours over the course of the day and then when I went to the grocery store later in the day, I peeled a piece of skin off my elbow. Like a blister had broken or something. Anyway I've got a big raw spot on my right elbow. I didn't realize how annoying it was until last night when every time I rolled onto my right side, I scraped that elbow across the sheet and OW! Today I am armed with a band-aid.

But the good news is that I started stitching on my Amybear "Night Flight" piece again. And painting the canvas underneath the bird was a terrific idea. I'm much happier with how that looks now. Of course I discovered a counting error. But I'm going to adjust this one on the fly, so to speak.

Earthquake in Alaska yesterday. But DD didn't feel a thing apparently. I thought it was funny that we found out about this while reading the news on the Wii...

The local news was monitoring the Metro train crash yesterday. Nine dead. I've always felt extremely safe riding the Metro here. What a terrible thing.

No comments: