Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ruining my Hands

Every day I've been doing a sugar and olive oil scrub. Because I've been outside pulling shrubbery and laying bricks. And I'm mutilating my poor hands. I should just trim all the fingernails down to nothingness and start over. Doing this and working with silks are not compatible. The olive oil and sugar thing helps. But I've got terrible cuticles and they catch those pretty fibers.

I've ruined one pair gloves to the point of tossing them away. The other pair need washing which if I was motivated I'd go take care of this right now.

I feel better having removed some overgrown nandina shrubs. Today another bush gets whacked. I don't have any idea what it is. But this is going to be the difficult one to remove. Then it's on to trimming the boxwoods. The nandina could be pretty, but I feel like these things were just shove in the ground by someone with no thought to how they grow. And then they were allowed to grow unchecked by someone who didn't squat about plants. This is not to say that the other side of the walkway where I have been planting various herbs and perennials for a few years looks that much better. But at least my side is kind of pretty chaos. I like it. Who knew fennel could get so tall?

No comments: