Normally I catch up on my blog reading before I post. Today I'll try writing first. Not that it will make any difference, I suspect...
Sorry that the picture is fuzzy, but you get the idea. This is my new broken/worn out needle container - a miniature size bottle of Blanton's bourbon. My favorite bourbon. I didn't buy this for myself. It arrived in my Christmas stocking and I saved the little bottle thinking I might put orts in it. After musing to my husband about what we had in the house for my used needles, I found this sitting on top of the CD rack. Perfect.
My progress thus far on Summer Dream, a GCC from the EGA by Luan Callery. I used pencil rather than pen to trace the design so it looks very faint. But trust me. There's a butterfly, a bee, a ladybug, and lots of flowers and leaves. I had forgotten about the freedom of surface embroidery. No looking at a chart while stitching. I am only slightly behind our schedule. A few more small leaves and some tendrils and I'll be on to Part II.
Received my package from Thistle Threads on Friday for the Tudor and Stuart class. Lots of pretty silk and metalics. And no photo or directions. I guess I just have to be patient and wait for the class to begin.