Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nothing Exciting

Honestly. There is nothing new here. I'm being up front so no one will be disappointed. Let's just sit here and type and see what comes out...

No time to stitch yesterday. DS, at college one hour's drive away on a good day, has suffered a computer meltdown. And we've ordered him a new one. But it's taking longer getting here than it should and yesterday I drove down and loaned him our laptop. Why we couldn't have figured this out on Monday, when I had free time and the weather was gorgeous, I don't know. Instead I found myself crawling down the Parkway with people who can't drive over forty m.p.h. when there is precipitation. Took about 1 1/2 hours to get there. But I had time to take him to breakfast at Cracker Barrel before his class. 

Then I decided, seeing how I was in Fredericksburg and all, to go shopping. I went to Ten Thousand Villages - a store with a mission:  Ten Thousand Villages provides vital, fair income to Third World people by marketing their handicrafts and telling their stories in North America. Ten Thousand Villages works with artisans who would otherwise be unemployed or underemployed. This income helps pay for food, education, health care and housing. Ten Thousand Villages is a nonprofit program of Mennonite Central Committee. For those you who don't live near these stores, you can click the link and shop the store. I did find something that actually has bought me some time, i.e., I purchased a gift that I was going to stitch. Stitched gift will still happen, but just not for this Christmas. 


I continued on through the rain and explored the new Hobby Lobby. I used to love shopping at Hobby Lobby when we lived in Colorado Springs. I had forgotten how much home decor stuff these stores have. I didn't end up with stitching stuff, but I did find somethings needed to complete a scrapbooking project. I even drove across the way to the A.C. Moore to see if they had any misses pieces of my puzzle. Lots more people in the Hobby Lobby, but that's probably just the newness factor. 


Next, I went to Lowe's for a filter for the fridge. Ten dollars cheaper here than at Sears. Interesting. 


While locating the filters, I bumped into a clearance sale on lamps. And bought a floor lamp and a table lamp for what will be my new studio. 


Came home way later than I had intended. Put together the floor lamp. Then it was on to the big business of the day. Deconstructing DD's twin bed. I didn't have the muscle to get her bed frame apart. But soon enough DH was home to help and we moved our bed into DD's room. Because we've got a new mattress and boxspring arriving today. I have to say that when we to sleep in my DD's room last night, the cats were totally befuddled. 


I fell asleep imaging what I can do to that room the week after Thanksgiving. Move in a chair and a desk. Remove her books. (I've already started moving my needlework library into this room.) Move dresser into my room where it will go into my closet. I want to repaint one wall. I'd love to rip out the carpet and put in laminate flooring. Remove closet doors. 


Off to clean my bedroom. Much easier to vacuum without a bed in it...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like it was a productive day!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You left a question on my blog, but your e-mail is not attached to your name and I couldn't find one to reply to you there, so the tool I used to cut out the mat board was an artist knife/craft knife, which is a triangular razor blade in a pen shaped handle.

Bonnie said...

I stopped at the new A. C. Moore down here in Myrtle Beach the other day. The place is huge! The cashier tells me it's the largest A.C. Moore in the country. Will go back when I have time to look around.