Sunday, November 21, 2010

Progress Report

I think it's time to show some progress. Proof that when I say I am stitching, I am. 

First up, we have Matter's Choice by Carriage House Samplings. This is the Autumn Gold linen by Lakeside Linens that is called for, but the size is different. The original is on 40ct and I had a piece of 32ct in my stash. I am using the Needlepoint Inc silk in the proper color, though when I initially kitted this, I forgot to buy more silk to accommodate the change in size. I have remedied that. I started this on the flight to New Orleans on Halloween. I worked on it one day during that trip. And started the squirrel while at the Loudoun Sampler Guild meeting which was funny as a friend of mine had finally framed her version of this and brought it for show and tell. 
















 This is known as the Mystery Sampler bellpull from the EGA magazine, Needlearts, published in many parts in 2005-2006. I think it needs a new name. 

I wasn't fond of the colors so I changed them. LOL

I have to say that the bit below the PQR was nearly my undoing. You have to cut threads and weave them into the side. Terrific, as the cut ends are almost one inch long. I did it. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Okay. Really. My friends would tell you that translates to sighing and swearing.




And lastly we have some progress on Echoes of Elizabeth. I need to work on this like a fool if I'm going to finish it by the end of November. At least the over one stitching with charcoal is finished on both the outside and the inside. This piece is on three sets of stretcher bars. One for the outside. One for the inside which is identical to the outside up to a point. And one more set for the little pieces on the inside. I need to finish up with the gold metallic so I can start adding some color to this piece.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: