Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Music

Listening to Carole King and Louise Goffin sing "Where You Lead."
I hated this song when I was a teenager. Feminist perspective - where you lead, I will follow - just didn't fit me. Who knew I would end up living this? Army says to him - you're going there - and off we go. LOL And I've done it joyfully. Because I like new places, new people, new experiences. And the closer we get to retirement (he's at 19 years this spring), I can't imagine what life will be like without moving. Certain things I am definitely looking forward to - like decorating my own house. The local paint store will love me. I've got 20 years of pent up desires to unleash.

Purchased Josh Groban's "Closer" on Monday. How wonderful is "per te." Wow. Darling daughter prefers him singing in foreign languages, MIL prefers English. I think it depends on my mood. But am leaning towards daughter's opinion.

I guess the entire Superbowl Halftime overexposure of Janet will only mean that the Grammy's will pull the highest ratings in their entire history.

The music industry should just bow to the inevitable. Stop wasting money on marketing. Stop promoting talentless pretty people. Just put the music out there.

No comments: