Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bedroom Work Continues

Yesterday I went out early looking for new lamps. I think I found some that my DH is absolutely going to detest. LOL I framed a beautiful print we have called Path to the Sea - it's China Cove at Point Lobos in Carmel, CA. I wanted to hang this on the wall opposite the bed. But then I tried it over the bed on the wall that is painted blue, and wow! It is too beautiful not to hang it there. I'm sorry I will no longer get to lie and bed and stare at it.

I repainted a pair of plaster wall sconces I have that were gold toned. Now they are silver, with silver leaf highlights. Much improved. I gessoed a canvas and painted 4 wooden picture frames (these were 2 for $1 at IKEA last year.) I have a plan for the canvas. But it involves my handwriting and I am not always happy with how my handwriting looks. Still nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Now I'm waiting for DD to shower. We're still in acquisition mode for things she needs before heading back to college.

No comments: