Saturday, August 19, 2006

rats

Our plans for sharing the Red Sox/Yankees game today with fellow New Englanders fell through. Rats. I was looking forward to company.

But meanwhile I've got some beef short ribs marinating. And I went to the farmer's market this morning. Came home with corn, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, green beans, artichokes, black raspberries, peaches, and honey. Good haul. I didn't even know anyone grew artichokes here in the mid-Atlantic states. Yeah! These are the little ones and if people are nice to me, maybe I'll cook them like they do at the street fairs around the central coast of CA - trimmed, quartered, battered and fried!

Plans are to leave on Wed. to bring DD back to school. Let's just hope she doesn't explode with excitement before we get to NH. Or maybe she'll implode. I'm not sure.

No comments: