Monday, October 02, 2006

SB Question of the week

When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do you take?

It depends. Am I making mistakes because I'm tired and just miscounting holes or actual stitches? or am I making mistakes because the directions have left me clueless and guessing at what the designer intended?

If it's me and I'm just tired, I just set the project aside for another day. Aside - another day can morph into another month. I got a tangled thread on the back of my Agnes Scott sampler back in June or July and I put her away. Poor dear. I really should exhume her from the closet.

If it's the instructions that are causing me problems, I will forge ahead and make my own decisions on what would be best. This frequently requires frogging. And I stick out my tongue at the teacher who looked at my choice and was less than impressed. My choice looked better than hers did. And it was easier to do and took a lot less time.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Bad instructions do suck, but bad teachers are the worst!