Tuesday, October 17, 2006

stitching bloggers' question

Almost missed this one as my in-laws are visiting. I bring them back to the airport this morning.

As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a special regimen that you would like to share?

My cuticles can be bad all year round. Best fix for me is to use a paraffin wax hand spa thingy. Added bonus: it feels great. But it does take a while for the wax to melt. You can pick these up any where - Wal-Mart, drugstores, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Kohl's etc. Just a tip. You do not need to spend extra money on their replacement wax. Just look for the wax that is used in canning. A difference in price of $5.00 or more.

Also love the hand therapy line from Crabtree and Evelyn that I bought last January at the airport. It was a 2 part deal - part 1 exfoliates and part 2 moisturizes.

Another quickie: while in the kitchen cooking, put a little sugar in the palm of your hand, then add a little olive oil. (Salt works, too. But that's drying.) Rinse under warm water.

I do find my problems mostly stem from abuse I do to my hands around the house. While on vacation where I don't have to do any housework, my hands and nails improve dramatically. I know that wearing rubber gloves would help, but I despise them. LOL

No comments: