Thursday, October 25, 2007

stitching bloggers question

I still see these occasionally and answer accordingly. But I'm not into doing things on a regular basis apparently.

What proportion of your stitching is for your own personal use versus gifts?

For many years I stitched almost entirely for gifts. Then I got to this one piece (for my MIL whom I love) that sucked all the joy out of stitching for me. It affected me so much that I didn't really stitch for 2 years. Two years! As I slowly came back around to stitching I realized that I was through with stitching for others and that I was only going to stitch for myself. That was 10 years ago. Now I stitch what I love. What calls to me. WHATEVER I WANT.

I still throw in the occasional gift piece. But only if I truly want to do it.

But the question didn't ask about other stitching not for oneself. I've done model pieces for my LNS this year. And am about to stitch some ornaments that go on a Christmas tree to raise money for charity.

And though I am amazed at the stitching some of you do for each other in various exchanges and RRs, I have declined to participate because I like how things are working for me now.

Hey, what a game last night!

So what if I went to bed at 12:30 a.m. and will likely do the same again tonight. Totally worth the lack of sleep. I hope teachers all over Red Sox Nation are being nice to the grumpy sleepless children this morning.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Having listened to the late, great Chick Hearn for 12 or so years, the dude decides when to "refrigerate" the game. So we turned in at the bottom of the 4th safe in the knowledge that the Red Sox had won.