Friday, June 27, 2008

The Plus Side

This is where I confess to being a great mother. Because every week for the next month, I am a passenger in a car being driven by my son who has a learner's permit as we head south for 60 miles to his school so he car take and pass a statistics class in order to attend school in the fall. Then 2 hours later, it's 60 miles home again.

We do this four days a week.

At the end of this time, ideally, he'll have a full-fledged drivers license and a suitably passing grade.

And I will be stitching quite a bit in those two hours.

So far this week, I've stitched on my over one BoInk mystery SAL.

Spent a little time with my Monkey Works "In the Sea."

Made my crystal bling bracelet.

Even put in a few stitches on When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt.

A month plus of this and I should have a ton of stuff finished.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Good idea to stitch. Sometimes it's best not to look!

Lee said...

I would guess that in a short time you'll also be able to tell us where to get the best coffee and which place has the cleanest bathrooms in that part of town! Stay safe...

Donna said...

Let me amend this. I'll be doing quite a bit of stitching during the two hours he is in class.

Though I think next week, I might take some crochet work with me for in the car.